From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Tools-Portage Lead
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:13:28
1 On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o> wrote:
2 > Reading GLEP-39, it is not clear to me if a sub-project needs to have
3 > their leads elected or not.
4
5 No interest in interfering with whatever you guys come up with, but as
6 far as I'm aware subprojects are just projects as far as GLEP 39 goes
7 - the hierarchy is intended to be more for organization than anything.
8 So, you guys are welcome to and should of course consider selecting a
9 lead.
10
11 The motivation of the request was less about trying to dictate how
12 projects run themselves and more about having somebody people can
13 reach out to with questions/etc, and also to have a way to get a sense
14 for how alive projects are.
17 Rich