From: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Manifest verification
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:19:11
1 --- Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 04:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
3 > Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hello, I want to raise a issue with the way that
6 > > package integrity verification is done by portage.
7 > For
8 > > an example of such an issue see bug 136742.
9 > > The idea is that portage now checks the Manifest
10 > as a
11 > > whole, not allowing a version of the package to be
12 > > emerged if any of the files mentioned by the
13 > Manifest
14 > > fail the verification. This makes unstable ebuilds
15 > > wich change often and have a tendency to break
16 > from
17 > > time to time prevent the emerge of a stable
18 > version of
19 > > the same package.
20 > > Do you think there is any way to fix this in
21 > portage?
22 >
23 > This isn't exactly new behavior with FEATURES=strict
24 > (which is the
25 > default setting).
26 Now I get it. So could somebody add a line to
27 make.conf.example that says which features are on by
28 default? I didn't notice strict was on.
29
31 Do You Yahoo!?
32 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
33 http://mail.yahoo.com
34 --
35 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list