From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] User created package lists
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:45:30
1 I am not sure if i can understand exactly, what you are speaking here.
2
3 This will be somewhat half-thought idea here, but..
4
5 As much as i have got, system contains packages nessecary for me and
6 world is all what i have emerged? And system comes basically from
7 profile?
8
9 For me as an user, there is no differences between "system", "world"
10 and "kde-meta" (syntactically), except that world will contain
11 kde-meta after i have emerged it and system will contain packages from
12 my selected profile.
13
14 Now, wouldnt it be good if they were exactly the same thing on system
15 level, and all configureable?
16
17 Lets imagine configuration file with the following syntax:
18 # System points to x86
19 System=>System x86 2.6
20 # World is included from another file
21 @world.list
22 [system]
23 #system contains an additional package "moo"
24 ++moo
25 [world]
26 #world.list file may contain "moo", but not world
27 --moo
28 [kde-meta]
29 ++kicker
30
31 Those files could be called patches and optionally contain includes
32 from random servers.
33