From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: stuart@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] re: confcache
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:57:39
1 Well... that's weird, attempted to send this directly to dan, having it
2 bail due to
3 'failed: relaying not allowed: danarmak@g.o'
4 I assume I'm being an idiot and screwing up the address (or local
5 configuration)...
6
7 Either way, you might want to take a look at my implementation of
8 confcache in
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/ebuild-daemon/51-pre20-cvs/
10
11 You can use SANDBOX_DEBUG_LOG and SANDBOX_DEBUG instead of modifying the
12 sandbox- works just the same. Also, variables changing _will_ cause
13 configure to bail if they've been cached (cflags fex), so you might want
14 to either filter those entries (they start with ac_cv_env_), or rewrite
15 them (I went for rewrite, works although I worry about other cache
16 entries relying on the vars not changing).
17 Aside from that, there is also the md5'ing of /proc/cpuinfo- most users,
18 not an issue, as magnade pointed out, this is a killer for users that
19 have procs that adjust their frequency (laptops fex) for power saving-
20 this changes the md5 of /proc/cpuinfo pretty much continually,
21 invalidating the cache continually.
22 ~brian
26 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list