From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Status of SVN trunk?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:21:46
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:08:43PM +0200, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've been using an old portage CVS snapshot for a few months, and
5 > today i've finaly decided to sync it with SVN trunk. Ouch... that
6 > was not such a great idea... First, some *.sh files were not
7 > sourcing because of some typos. Then, once fixed, i've seen
8 > portage starting to play with my root filesystem (missing $IMAGE in
9 > dyn_preinst is not good...). Finally, looking at the SVN
10 > changelog, i see that it doesn't get most of the fixes/improvements
11 > that goes in 2.0.
12 > So, i'm wondering: should i properly report this issues, or is
13 > trunk completly given up? And the corollary question: if i was
14 > about to update a few old small patches i have sitting on b.g.o,
15 > what would be the right branch to work on? Is 2.0 opened to new
16 > features again?
17 Any updates to 2.1, I'd be curious about since it's bash core is the
18 basis of 3.x
19
20 Regarding features, that's jasons thing; the intention was to nail 2.0
21 down, and move forward (last time this was discussed).
22 ~harring