From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [Fwd: Re: equery refactorization]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:15:43
1 I'm just picking a message to reply to.
2
3 Overall, I like where this is headed with just a few comments.
4
5 1. I would like to see /usr/lib/gentoolkit/pym go away and the python
6 modules moved into the python site-packages directory.
7 2. I do not want to see any of the long and short option names change.
8 There are too many scripts out there that I do not want to break.
9 3. In reference to above, any changes to how equery is called by the
10 user needs to still keep the old way of doing things. We can add a
11 deprecation notice, but it will be a long time before we can actually
12 remove that support.
13
14 Regards,
15 Paul