From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Porthole-Developers <porthole-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] refreshing portage
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:22:48
1 On Friday 17 September 2004 08:02, Brian wrote:
2 > I have a question. One of porthole's contributors submitted 2 modules
3 > that can run independant of porthole, but could be used as plugin
4 > modules. One is a use flag editor and one a features editor, both gtk.
5 > Doing some testing, it seems that the imported portage & modules used in
6 > porthole are not refreshed after a change in /etc/make.conf.. A spawned
7 > emerge call does see the changes. The only way I have found for
8 > porthole to see the changes is to close and restart it.
9 >
10 > Is there a simple method/function call to reset portage to use the new
11 > changes.
12
13 reload(portage)
14
15 Note that this is relatively heavy as everything is reinitialized, so try to
16 do it as little as possible.
17
18 Regards,
19 Jason Stubbs