From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] tools-portage packages
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:06:41
1 On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 14:06 -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
2
3 > * app-portage/etc-proposals [gentoo]
4 > dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
5 >
6 > -- Actively maintained by Brian
7
8 There hasn't been any issues with it. If it ain't broke...
9
10 Although the qt frontend is behind the gtk one, so if there is a pyqt
11 guru out there willing to update it...
12
13 I haven't seen any activity from it's creator in the forums or in the
14 repo. I don't know if he's still around or using gentoo still.
17 > * app-portage/gentoolkit [gentoo]
18 > None specified
19 >
20 > -- Actively maintained by Paul and Brian
21
22 time to start getting ideas for our next round of improvements for a
23 0.31 release.
24 I did want to migrate equery to the enalyze classes for handling the
25 menus, module options and things. This will eliminate a lot more
26 duplicated code. It will also make for a central place to change to
27 using argsparse if we want to rather than getopt.
28
29 Did we want to start merging more of gentoolkit-dev into gentoolkit yet?
30
31 Are there any more enalyze modules, rebuild targets, or analyze reports
32 desired or needed?
35 > * app-portage/gpytage [gentoo]
36 > dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
37 >
38 > -- Brian took over maintenance. Not sure of active status
39
40 I've just started poking around it's code again. Ken hasn't been around
41 irc for some time. I have been involved some in it's development from
42 early on. Ken did start some refactoring last time he was working on
43 it. I've cloned his savanah svn repo into git locally. I don't
44 remember my savanah password, but didn't have commit access to it there
45 anyway. I'll push any changes to github.
49 > * app-portage/layman [gentoo]
50 > dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
51 >
52 > -- Brian is actively maintaining
53
54 I really need to re-code the migration bit we did in the ebuild into
55 python so it can read and modify the existing config variables. A
56 couple small bugs and it should be ready for a 2.0.0 final. Then will
57 be finishing the changes needed for it to be able run correctly in py3.
58 There are still a few changes needed for a clean 2to3 run to work
59 without additional patching. If I drop py2.5 compatibility it would
60 also reduce the number of fixes 2to3 would need to make. But there were
61 people using it with py2.5 even recently. I think they were embedded
62 developers.
65 > * app-portage/porthole [gentoo]
66 > dolsen@g.o (Brian Dolbec)
67 > Upstream Maintainer (please CC on bugs)
68 >
69 > -- Actively maintained by Brian
70
71 I've gotten more work done on the backend re-factor, but is a long way
72 off being ready. I also started a refactor to the packages view so it
73 could be used by plug-ins. It is mostly done, but I need to work on the
74 layman plug-in more to test it. I think I'll need to put out an interim
75 release with a few updates to the backend and the packages view changes.
80 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>