From: Christian Hoenig <list@××××××.cc>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] [patch] emaint: check/fix package.{keywords,unmask}
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:27:27
1 Hi,
2
3 attached is a patch for emaint contained in the sys-apps/portage-2.1_pre4-r1
4 package that adds support for checking and fixing redundant entries in
5 package.keywords and package.unmask.
6
7 Fixing those files is done by commenting out corresponding lines (as suggested
8 by Simon Stelling, thanks!)
9
10 I added two handlers, one for package.keywords, one for package.unmask, as I
11 like to check and fix them seperately. Though I don't think, that I shared
12 their code pretty nice. I have experience in c++ but ...
13
14 CODING DISCLAIMER
15 ... I am pretty new to portage and python coding, so please forgive me my
16 quirks and critizise me constructive :-).
17
18 Get back to me if you have questions.
19
20 Running amd64 makes me have quite large package.{keywords.unmaks} files and it
21 seems to work quite good on my system. I am testing the results using another
22 little tool I wrote which finds installed packages, that are either masked
23 (all kinds) or their .ebuild is missing. This is an easy way to test the
24 results of the features added by this patch. I am goning to submit another
25 patch for emaint containing this " feature in the future, as soon as I
26 integrated it into emaint.
27
28 Thanks for reading :-)
29
30 take care, have fun
31 /christian

emaint-2.1_pre4-r1.patch.bz2 application/x-bzip2