From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] gentoolkit.git repository reorganized
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:37:30
1 On 22 Oct 2015 12:54, Paul Varner wrote:
2 > Mike, I know you're busy with other stuff, but if you ever want to see a
3 > new gentoolkit/gentoolkit-dev release, consider this your authorization
4 > to just do it. The README.dev files state how to make releases.
5
6 thanks, i think this will help a lot
7
8 > Since, the tools have dwindled down in gentoolkit-dev, I do think it
9 > does make sense to keep it in the same repo and merge the packages
10 > together behind a USE flag. I will revert the commit, that emptied the
11 > genttolkit-dev branch and ask mgorny to nuke the new gentoolkit-dev
12 > repository.
13 >
14 > As I get time, I will work towards moving the gentoolkit-dev tools into
15 > gentoolkit and putting them behind a USE flag in the ebuild.
16
17 i'm no distutils expert, and every time i try to do something "fancy",
18 i get frustrated by the module :). do people know of examples where
19 you can do optional installs with a flag ? a cookbook sort of entry
20 here would help and i could take care of merging in say ekeyword.
21 -mike