From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [5/7] portage_exec cleanups
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:28:56
1 On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 02:20:02AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Trying to alter patches that have been split up is a PITA. Missed a var rename
3 > in the patch just sent. :/
4 Heh, nice timing on the max_fd_limit, beat me in sending it by 46
5 seconds :)
6
7 Personally... for a change like what you're introducing into
8 portage_exec, I prefer a single patch.
9
10 Chunked patched make sense depending on a somewhat subjective
11 grouping; in this case, familiar with the underlying code so
12 interpretting it all is possible, but if it were any other source I
13 would've resorted to applying the series, then diffing between svn and
14 the changes.
15
16 Your call really, since you're generating the patch(es).
17
18 ~harring