From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: clean PORTAGE_TMPDIR (bugs 85803 and 105706)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:36:02
1 On Monday 31 October 2005 05:29, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > I choose the bandaid method in order to keep the patch as small as possible
3 > and still keep PORTAGE_TMPDIR clean. AFAICT it would take a *much* larger
4 > patch to clean up all the same cases without the bandaid approach.
5 >
6 > On a side note, my patch should be changed so that it doesn't try to
7 > clean_builddir when things like "--pretend" and "--fetchonly" are in
8 > emerge's myopts.
9
10 The exceptions are likely not the only ones. The exceptions to the exceptions
11 to the ... is what is bad about bandaids. I don't know what the "proper" fix
12 is in this case, but if you try it you'll probably find it's smaller and/or
13 less work that you guessed it to be.
16 Jason Stubbs
17 --
18 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list