From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Time to say goodbye
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:36:09
1 On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 16:19 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > So, time has come for me to realize that my time with Gentoo is over. I
3 > haven't actually been doing much Gentoo work over the last months due
4 > to personal reasons (nothing Gentoo related), and I don't see that
5 > situation changing in the near future. In fact I've already reassigned
6 > or dropped most of my responsibilites in Gentoo a while ago, so there
7 > are just a few pet projects left to give away:
8 > - my gentoo-stats project (in the portage/gentoo-stats svn repository).
9 > I know quite a few people are interested in the idea of collecting
10 > various statistic data from gentoo user systems, and I'd encourage
11 > everyone who wants to implement such a system to at least look at it (I
12 > may have even finished it if I wouldn't have wasted my time focusing on
13 > the wrong problems). There is quite a bit of documentation also that
14 > should help to get you started
15 > - a graphical security update tool (see bug #190397)
16 >
17 > So if anyone wants to adopt those, complete or just parts, just take
18 > them. As for Portage, Zac has practically already filled my role.
19 >
20 > So I guess that wraps it up. It's been a nice ride most of the time,
21 > but now it's time for me to leave the Gentoo train.
22 >
23 > Marius
24
25 I will always remember you as the guy who provided us with the much
26 needed glsa*.py (thank you again)
27 Take care and I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
32 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
33 Gentoo Linux