From: Dustin Spicuzza <dustin.spicuzza@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Additional information to output: emerge -pv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:45:53
1 The one that you mentioned seems to be a little bit more involved than
2 my patch. Which, if thats ok with you, then its ok with me :) His is a
3 full class that can be used to get various things... while mine just
4 goes out there, opens the file, then displays the results... the class
5 idea is more efficient it would seem (only opens file once).
6
7 Although, instead of using his proposed --use-local-desc, and etc... it
8 could be something like --vv (a shorter "long" option), or -vv (but
9 wouldn't that mean rewriting some of the code to handle options?), like
10 mentioned above.
11
12 My guess on the lack of feekback on the bug is that a feature like this
13 wouldn't be as useful to someone who isn't new to gentoo, and in fact
14 (as mentioned above), could actually be quite annoying. But for someone
15 who is still new to gentoo.. it would be useful until they get a grasp
16 on what USE flags do what.
17
18 Dustin
19 --