From: Tom Hosiawa <tomek32@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 03:05:45
1 I've finished my superkaramba theme, but I'm noticing one bug that I
2 think has something to do the way emerge or portage modules are
3 written that I don't understand.
4
5 Basically, I've trimmed everything in emerge down that doesn't
6 directly deal with system or a world update. I import my trimmed
7 emerge module and call the a main function I created that contains
8 what was done automatically in the regular emerge.
9
10 Everything works but after loading the superkaramba theme, if I change
11 a useflag in package.use, doing a emerge '-puvDN sysmte' doesn't
12 recognize the change. I'm wondering what could be causing this?
13
14 In case the above doesn't make sense, here's what i mean.
15 1. load superkaramba theme
16 2. do a 'emerge -puvDN system', everything correct at this point
17 3. change use flag in package.use
18 4. do a 'emerge -puvDN system' again, result still same from point 2,
19 emerge not picking up the changed use flag
20
21 Is there something in emerge that needs to be reset other than whats
22 initialized at the beginning for it to recognize changes in
23 package.use after loading module?
24
25 Here's a copy of the trimmed down emerge, but that shouldn't be need
26 as it remains the same.
27 http://www.tomek.ca/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=portage-monitor&path=%2Fportage_engine.py&rev=0&sc=0
28 --
29 Tom