From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Few things, which imho would make portage better
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:37:38
1 tvali wrote:
2 > I think that it would make things more clear and simple if portage did
3 > support the following (maybe some are already included, but not found by
4 > me):
5 >
6 > * Add package to "world" checking all dependencies, but not emerging
7
8 Not sure what exactly that is supposed to mean, but I guess it's already
9 doable with --noreplace and --onlydeps.
10
11 > * Remove package from "world" without unmerging
12
13 $EDITOR /var/lib/portage/world
14 or
15 sed -i -e '/<category>\/<package>/d' /var/lib/portage/world
16
17 Maybe worth integrating when generic set support is available.
18
19 > * Save all important messages into file instead of beeping (i may be
20 > away from home); optionally replay them at end of update
21
22 see http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-131795.html
23
24 > * When updating or installing new package, if something goes wrong,
25 > still emerge other packages, which havent failed packages as
26 > dependencies -- in my case, for example, when i do --update, for
27 > example, then the fact that update of first package fails does not
28 > definitely mean that i dont want to update others
29
30 This has been rejected in the past as it isn't always a good idea as you
31 might want to change your plans if a package fails. Maybe as an optional
32 feature, but even then it's rather low priority.
33
34 Marius
35 --
36 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list