From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] coveted features
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:29:07
1 On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 06:55:50PM +0100, Bart Lauwers wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Anyway we've got lots of docs but were lacking a good taxonomy for them,
4 > do we have any librarians helping the docs team? (cc'ing doc to get a reply
5 > about this)
6
7 Librarians? Not that I know off... What do you mean with taxonomy?
8
9 > So let me rephrase that portage docs need to be complete and up to date at
10 > all times (at least an english version, devs should know enough english).
11 > Linking the documentation to the code is the only way I can see this happen.
12
13 Creating documentation automatically always reduces the readability of the
14 documentation. It all depends on who's the intended reader. If it is a
15 developer (and *only* a developer) then creating documentation automatically
16 might be suggesteable (although not official as there is no QA on it - don't
17 dare send me bugreports on automatically created documentation :)
18
19 If it also involves users, then sorry, I don't think this is a good idea.
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen
25 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.