From: Markus Walter <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Normaliser function for distfiles
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 11:31:44
1 On Tue, 17 May 2022 05:39:27 +0200,
2 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > I don't know what 'gs-elpa' & 'Melpa' are, but maybe talking to upstream
4 > would be good here, and improving that behavior.
5
6 That's actually not too bad a plan. Thanks for this somewhat obvious
7 suggestion, which I however failed to see. I'll try that. Although
8 reproducibility is not a tenet there, they may take a patch which improves
9 the situation.
10
11 Melpa is the largest (not totally sure) repository for Emacs add-ons. And
12 gs-elpa is the g-sorcery integration for Gentoo.
13
14 Markus
17 For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more
18 intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much---the wheel, New
19 York, wars and so on---while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about
20 in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always
21 believed that they were far more intelligent than man---for precisely the
22 same reasons. (Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.)