From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:15:08
1 On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:00:12 -0500 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Beyond that, there is the shebang issue which can be addresses via a
4 | combination of automated scans/fixes, and fixing bugs as it's hit.
5 | Hardcoded vars in scripts for the path to a binary are an issue also,
6 | although again, scans can be done to at least check for it.
7
8 This one's a far bigger issue than might be initially obvious. It would
9 involve rewriting a whole load of autotools innards...
10
11 | Leaves mangling the build process so that the build framework of the
12 | package uses the prefix offset files, rather then / . For c/c++
13 | source, usual trick from fink afaik involves a mangling of cflags
14 | with -I tacked in. Kinda ugly, although I'd expect there is a better
15 | route.
16
17 Again, autoconf tinkering.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm