From: George Lober <glober@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage feature request
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:42:17
1 I don't know if this has been asked before, but I would like to make a
2 request to add an audible warning to portage. Specifically what I would
3 like portage to do is to give an audible notice when it stops due to an
4 error, or when it completes its full job. This would be implemented as
5 an option switch to turn the warnings on, unless the devs. feel like I
6 do that it would be a very usefull feature that most people would prefer
7 turned on by default. My suggestion would be to have a long extended
8 beep indicating a stop due to an error and maybe four or five very short
9 beeps (shorter than the ones one gets as a warning to read something)
10 when the job finishes normally. I think this feature would make things a
11 lot easier for a lot of people, not having to keep checking on your
12 computer to see whats going on all the time.
13
14 George Lober
17 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list