From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Up the email communication!
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:08:27
1 Alexander Berntsen posted on Mon, 01 Jun 2015 23:15:09 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > Friends,
4 >
5 > It would be advantageous
6
7 [TLDR summary: Agree with the point but nearly deleted as spam.]
8
9 At that point I was double-checking for spam:
10
11 1) Vague, spammy, subject.
12
13 2) Vague, almost too formally "collegial" "Friends" greeting.
14
15 3) "It would be advantageous"? In a non-spam mail? Don't see /that/
16 sort of formal "distant" wording very often... except in spam! But maybe
17 my mailing circle is significantly different than yours. <shrug>
18
19 On the counter-spam side, how many spammers would be (true or fake)
20 gpg-signing? I've learned to ignore that for quick reads (tho could of
21 course verify if I needed to and thus appreciate the value), but saw it
22 once I was second-looking, and that was enough to convince me to read
23 further, at which point I saw that the mail was legit.
24
25 On topic, meanwhile, not that a non-dev opinion counts for too much, but
26 FWIW, agreed with the point. I don't do IRC so seeing the acks, etc, on-
27 list, would make it easier for me to follow too. =:^)
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman