From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Bugzilla Bug 112779: New and Improved Way to Handle /etc/portage
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:33:54
1 On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:30:15 +0200
2 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Anthony Gorecki wrote:
5 > > On Wednesday, November 16, 2005 23:12, Zac Medico wrote:
6 > >
7 > >>I wouldn't mind having a feature like this. I would provide a way
8 > >>for
9 > >
10 > > automatic unmasking tools to keep their changes separate and easily
11 > > reversible.
12 > >
13 > > This seems to be borderlining on being unnecessary, in my opinion.
14 > > A commented section in package.unmask could work just as easily,
15 > > and it would likely save time for the user. "kde-base/kdelibs" is
16 > > just as easy to find in a sorted, sectioned file as it is in
17 > > multiple files:
18 > >
19 > > # GNOME Packages:
20 > > [...]
21 > >
22 > > # KDE Packages:
23 > > [...]
24 >
25 > I think the point is more with a) temporary enabling/disabling of
26 > sections and b) sharing sections. Having multiple files those
27 > situations are a bit easier to handle.
28 > Shouldn't be too hard offhand, basically
29 > if isdir(foo):
30 > for x in listdir(foo):
31 > mylines.extend(grabfile(x))
32 > else:
33 > mylines = grabfile(foo)
36 Ok, patch is now available at
37 dev.gentoo.org/~genone/patches/portage-recursive-grab+config.diff
38
39 Marius
44 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
45 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.