From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Does portage store checksums for every installed file in a package?
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:43:51
1 On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 10:54 +0100, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
3 > > Hello all,
4 > > I was wondering whether portage calculates and stores a checksum for
5 > > every installed file (every file appearing in the output of "equery f
6 > > <PKG_NAME>"). If so, how can I access it? I've found a Manifest file in
7 > > distfiles, but it doesn't seem to store checksums for the installed files.
8 >
9 > Yes it's in /var/db/pkg/$CAT/$PF/CONTENTS - there's md5sum and filesize
10 > for each installed file.
11 > You can check them for example by qcheck from portage-utils.
12 >
13 > Caster
14
15 You can also use the equery check command to check a package.
16
17 Regards,
18 Paul
19 --