From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Dependent conditional dependencies, ( was Re: [gentoo-dev] Future EAPI feature Request/RFC: ^^( ) for [RP]?DEPEND )
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:16:59
1 On 4 July 2012 02:16, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > a) || ( a b ) should be || ( b a ), to actually state what perl does,
3
4 I don't really see how that would help much, if anything, I get the
5 impression that would
6
7 1) needlessly install "b" even when it could be satisfied by a instead
8 ( ie: before both a & b are installed )
9 2) be more inclined to keep a than it currently does
10 3) Probably not help in the situation I had above with
11
12 =perl-core/Module-Metadata-1.0.6 ( stable , 1.0.9 is masked by ~ still )
13 =virtual/perl-Module-Metadata-1.0.9 ( --autounmasked from ~ )
14 =dev-lang/perl-5.16.0 ( --autounmasked from ~ )
17 As after installing perl-5.16.0, the || ( ) is again satisfied,
18 rending the system somewhat broken, but having to wait for --depclean
19 before it comes right.
20
21 But I'm possibly wrong somewhere, I may have fundamentally
22 misunderstood how || ( ) works.
23