From: Daniel Taylor <dantaylor@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage API
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:54:59
1 On Oct 17, 2004, at 12:25, Brian wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 20:01 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 >
4 >> So, let the suggestions roll. :)
5 >>
6 >> Regards,
7 >> Jason Stubbs
8 >
9 > Dan has been the porthole developer that has done the most integrating
10 > portage modules for porthole's use, but it looks like we are loosing
11 > him
12 > from gentoo for now. I have not had much reason to think about how
13 > much
14 > more we might need from portage.
15
16 I think Jason and I talked about this somewhat a while back. It was
17 actually Fredrik Arnerup that did most of the work with portagelib (I
18 originally used file system calls to get portage info, which is bad bad
19 bad!). I'm not sure he's on this list so you may want to mail him.
20
21 And just so everyone knows, I have moved away from Gentoo and towards
22 debian-based distributions because of my current situation. I am sorry,
23 but life has to move on, and I need to spend more time on my studies
24 now. Debian is just faster and easier for me. I will try and
25 participate as well as I can, though, and try to stay active on the
26 various mailing lists and help out if I can.
27
28 I need to go now, but expect another email from me about this stuff
29 after I get a chance to read it. I think the interfacing with portage
30 can be made MUCH better for third party application developers.
31 --
32 Daniel G. Taylor
33 http://programmer-art.org
37 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list