From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] refreshing portage
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:30:59
1 On 09/16/04 Brian wrote:
2
3 > I have a question. One of porthole's contributors submitted 2
4 > modules that can run independant of porthole, but could be used as
5 > plugin modules. One is a use flag editor and one a features editor,
6 > both gtk. Doing some testing, it seems that the imported portage &
7 > modules used in porthole are not refreshed after a change in
8 > /etc/make.conf.. A spawned emerge call does see the changes. The
9 > only way I have found for porthole to see the changes is to close and
10 > restart it.
11 >
12 > Is there a simple method/function call to reset portage to use the new
13 > changes.
14
15 Does `reload(portage)` work ?
16