From: Pablo De Napoli <pdenapo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] two remarks on portage-2.0.51-r2
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:17:18
1 I see that portage-2.0.51-r2 is now stable.
2 However, It has some useful features that are deprecated or broken.
3
4 1) emerge --upgradeonly
5
6 Why is this deprecated? I think it is endeed a useful feature.
7 I'm not sure that the files /etc/portage/package* are a good (esay-to-use)
8 replacement for it.
9
10 2) emerge ebuild by path
11
12 Acording to the man page, this is broken, however it is the most obvious way
13 to specify an ebuild, isn't it?
14
15 Why is this feature broken, could anybody find out?
16
17 I think is very important to keep the quality of portage to the highest standards, so I
18 suggest not to realese as stable a version with important features broken.
19
20 Best regards
21
22 Pablo De Napoli
27 Do you Yahoo!?
28 Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!
29 http://vote.yahoo.com
32 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list