From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Normaliser function for distfiles
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:15:08
1 On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 1:37 PM Markus Walter <lists@×××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > My use case is the following: I would like to improve the gs-elpa program
4 > and provide a precomputed overlay for melpa. However the melpa distfiles are
5 > rebuilt everyday and cause checksum failures. However the only thing
6 > changing are the timestamps. Hence if a normaliser program could simply set
7 > all timestamps to some predefined value (say 1.1.1970) then this problem
8 > should vanish.
11 Wouldn't a simpler solution be to just have an ebuild setting that
12 tells the package manager to not check the timestamp?
15 Rich