From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] EBUILD_FORMAT support
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:28:23
1 > Don't forget the fact that bash must be execed for normal parses, and
2 > that python has extremely slow string handling when not using one of
3 > the standard parsing modules (that work in C). To put my money where my
4 > mouth is, I've tarred up my code and put it on my dev space:
5 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~pauldv/portage_native-0.1.tar.bz2
6
7 I've fixed up a particular issue with it (getting into an endless loop)
8 and made a very simple webpage for it:
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~pauldv/
10
11 ps. People please be aware that this is still alpha in the sense of not
12 being complete. For better working it should probably support if
13 statements properly, and at least do variable substitution. It would mean
14 that the parser would have to retain a state etc.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer