From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage rating in O'Reilly book
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:25:54
1 On Thu, 2005-10-11 at 11:09 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > I don't know whether all of you read my blog, but I wanted to make sure
6 > you saw this:
7 > http://www.livejournal.com/users/spyderous/60809.html?thread=89737#t89737.
8 > It's a reply from the author of a book on why he rated our package
9 > management at a 4 instead of a 5, and it gives some good ideas on where
10 > users feel things could improve.
11 >
12 > Feel free to ignore the binary packages bit, as that's more of a Gentoo
13 > philosophical issue.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Donnie
17
18 GUI wise, porthole-0.5.0 is much improved over previous versions. It
19 runs very smooth now with hick-ups a rarity. :) All We are waiting for
20 now is some last minute translation updates for it's next release.
21
22 With all the changes and bug fixes I see in my mail these days, by this
23 time next year things will have improved a whole bunch.
24
25 Keep up the good work :)
28 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
31 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list