From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: RFC: emerge manpage options categorization
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:48:41
1 Mike Frysinger posted on Tue, 02 Jun 2015 10:47:59 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > On 12 Mar 2015 13:52, Duncan wrote:
4 >> Tho as proposed, that all-options section may /optionally/ be moved
5 >> into its own manpage, with an explicit note to that effect in the main
6 >> manpage.
7 >
8 > i think splitting the content between two man pages is a pretty bad
9 > idea.
10 > would be kind of easy to get duplicate content, and even if there was a
11 > one line note at like the top, people would miss it.
12
13 Thanks. FWIW I have parts of this thread marked to followup later, so
14 comments can still be useful if I actually do so (no promises).
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman