From: Craig Lawson <craig.lawson@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Proposal: pre-emerge advisories
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:36:25
1 Thanks for the feedback. I'll post over on gentoo-dev and see how it
2 goes.
3
4 Some suggested change logs were the place to look. I reviewed a few
5 after the fact, and did not find the types of usage issues I ran into.
6 It looks like the Gentoo change logs are focused on ebuild issues rather
7 than functional issues inherent in the software. Makes sense to me. I
8 expect to find similar in the software change logs, although those are
9 sometimes more difficult to locate. I maintain that the best source of
10 breaking news is the Gentoo User Forum.
11
12 >From this exchange, I gather that something similar to what I'm
13 describing already exists yet is underutilized? What would that be?
14
15 Best Regards,
16 Craig.