From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] SSE2 and MMX2 use flags.
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:40:58
1 Hey,
2
3 From my experience, on older and compact laptops, to install gentoo, many
4 compile gentoo on their PC, and then copy over installation to laptop hard
5 drive (using a 2.5" to 3.5" converter or over network). There is a problem
6 however.
7
8 Even if selecting to compile for the laptop in question, things like sse2 and
9 mmx2 are auto detected, atleast in mplayer. That makes mplayer crash on
10 startup when copied to laptop.
11
12 What I recommend is to add an sse2/mmx2 use flags and if no use flag for
13 mmx/sse/mmx2/sse2 is set, then auto detect, otherwise either force it, or
14 force against it.
15
16 Your thoughts?
17