From: Pablo De Napoli <pdenapo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] problems with portage (bug #37823), how do portage counters work?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:25:29
1 Hi,
2
3 Fist let me say that portage is indeed a great tool. I love this idea
4 of everything been compiled from the sources with the options that I
5 choose, and the dependences generated on the flight.
6
7 I've subscribed to this list because I'm having some serios
8 trouble with portage that I`ve reported as a bug report (bug #37823).
9
10 Marius Mauch suggested me to use fix-db.pl or fix-db.py.
11 The first one ran without errors, the last with a lot of anoying
12 error messages about corrupted counters, but anyhow this did not solve
13 the problem.
14
15 I don't know what this counters are for or how they are suppose to work.
16 I could not find any documentation on that or about the portage
17 internals, so I decided to ask you.
18
19 Please help me.
20 Thanks
21
22 Pablo De Nápoli
23
24
25
27 Do you Yahoo!?
28 Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
29 http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus
30
31 --
32 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list