From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: initial EAPI awareness
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:10:13
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Round 3, fixed all uglyness.
3 > You *will* see uglyness for the changeover from flat_list to flat_hash
4 > if you're setting portdbapi.auxdbmodule to flat_hash, but that's a one
5 > time hit, and is the reason we blow away the cache on portage
6 > upgrades.
7 >
8 > Either way, full patch, just correction of a few instances where it
9 > user visible warnings were popping up, but not required.
10 > ~harring
13 This patch worked well for me with your suggested settings in /etc/portage/modules:
14
15 portdbapi.metadbmodule=portage_db_metadata.database
16 portdbapi.auxdbmodule=portage_db_flat_hash.database
17
18 With "emerge metadata" I was able to convert the existing metadata from the rsync mirrors into flat_hash format. There were no problems emerging ebuilds and I was also able to emerge binpkgs with old metadata.
19
20 Zac
21 --
22 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list