From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] ia64 rpaths and python building...
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:43:26
1 Hey!
2
3 I recently did some ia64-hpux hacking in prefix, and i stumbled over
4 alittle problem:
5
6 the native linker collects -L options on the command line, and python
7 uses -L. while building. this results in . beeing in rpath.
8
9 now when $PWD == $S, there is libpython-*.so, and executing the already
10 installed python finds (through rpath ".") this local libpython. this
11 (although binary exactly the same) refuses to load installed extensions
12 (Fatal Python Error: ....).
13
14 The problem was caused by the filter-bash-environment.py call in
15 ebuild.sh, _only_ during the "test" phase seemingly.
16
17 the attached patch fixes the problem for me - what do you think? I guess
18 there are better ways to tackle the problem, but i needed to get this to
19 work ;)
20
21 Cheers, Markus

portage-2.2.00.14771-ia64-rpath.patch text/plain