From: Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] plugin-sync progress report
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 20:49:03
1 Am 15.03.2014 21:32, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
2 > I've started working on the repository/config.py changes needed for the
3 > plugin-sync system.
4 >
5 > First:
6 > The following class performed checks on the
7 > repos.conf entries for the sync variables regardless if they were being
8 > used or not. [...]
9 >
10 > Second:
11 > - Should all the repos.conf entires to be synced be validated prior to syncing and fail
12 > if there are any errors?
13 > - Or, just call each sync module's sync() and let each fail individually
14 > and continue syncing remaining repos?
17 Maybe that's just me, but I don't like things that sometimes work and
18 sometimes not. Having some emerge invocations fail with "broken config"
19 and some not, seems rather ugly to me.
20
21 (This also implies that syncing a repo with working config is not
22 possible as long as there are repos with broken config.)
23
24 > Third:
25 > - I would like to add a new config item for all repos.
26 > It is a variable to define which sources of sync operations which
27 > the repo will be allowed to be synced from. It could be a space separated list
28 > which could be used to prevent it from being synced via certain commands.
29
30 What exactly does this variable mean? What are emaint or layman doing here?