From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] 'emerge' request: make --tree not imply --pretend
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:32:11
1 On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:02:19 -0700
2 "Dan Corson" <dancor@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am sorry, you are indeed correct. What I should have requested is:
5 > a way to have the package list output in non-interactive,
6 > package-installing (that is, not --pretend) execution. It may be
7 > that --pretend is a little over-loaded currently. (I was confused,
8 > at any rate, as you can see.) Thanks, --Dan
9
10 I think this is stuff for a local wrapper script and not yet another
11 emerge option that is almost identical to --ask in this case (from a
12 user POV).
13 Also don't see much use for this feature, the overhead for calling
14 emerge twice isn't that big, especially when talking about automated
15 stuff (lie your case seems to be).
16
17 Marius
22 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
23 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.