From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Hello
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:22:29
1 On 10/13/04 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 13 October 2004 11:43, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
4 > > On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:40:58PM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > > > You might also want to try the sets feature in the new portage
6 > > > > releases.
7 > > >
8 > > > Not implemented yet (AFAIK).
9 > >
10 > > /me wakes up
11 > >
12 > > Sets feature? What's this (even if it isn't implemented yet)? Where
13 > > can I find more information? Any bugreports? Any threads on this ml
14 > > that I've missed?
15 >
16 > I have not tried it, but supposedly one can create files
17 > in /etc/portage/sets (similar in format to world) that get treated
18 > similarly to world or system. It's introduced in 51_pre, but I don't
19 > know whether it actually works.
20
21 GLEP 21.
22 It's not implemented or introduced yet. You're probably confused by the
23 symlink statement for the worldfile in the postinst message of some
24 portage versions, there isn't _any_ functionality for this yet.
25
26 Marius