From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] eslurp helper
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 06:40:48
1 >>>>> On Sun, 26 Mar 2017, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I'm thinking of creating a new helper in Portage. The draft name is
4 > eslurp. It would be used like:
5
6 > eslurp [--dist|--binpkg] <file>...
7
8 +1
9
10 The name will need some bikeshedding, though. :)
11 I suggest "edrop" or "einsert".
12
13 > i.e. it would have two modes:
14
15 > 1. --dist would place all listed files in DISTDIR (respecting any
16 > possible future DISTDIR split),
17
18 > 2. --binpkg would place all listed packages in PKGDIR (respecting
19 > subdirectories, updating index).
20
21 > If neither of the options were specified, it would guess the
22 > directory type by the filename suffix.
23
24 I wonder how that could possibly work. Distfiles have no specific
25 suffix, and binpkgs have a .tbz2 suffix which however can occur for
26 distfiles too.
27
28 Ulrich