From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] status of "prefixed" portage (or portage as a secondary package manager)?
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:32:59
1 Hi portage devs-
2
3 I've posted similar things to the dev and osx lists, but hear that this
4 might be the appropriate forum.
5
6 I'm investigating portage as an alternative to openpkg and would like to
7 know the status of "prefixed package installs" or "portage as a secondary
8 package manager". Here's a link to an 5 week old osx post that summarizes
9 the state of things 5 weeks ago:
10 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.macosx/324
11
12 I'm wondering if anyone is working on this? I potentially have a week to try
13 and get something working, but would appreciate some guidance (have
14 experience with python and bash but know little of portage internals, only
15 have briefly glanced at code and read developer documentation).
16
17 Comments, thoughts or suggestions?
18
19 thanks