From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] making the tree depend on portage
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:03:06
1 On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:42, Francesco Riosa wrote:
2 > > Whenever we want/need to make structural changes to the tree that are
3 > > going to break backwards compability we have a serious problem
4 >
5 > [...]
6 >
7 > Just throwing random thoughts here, but
8 >
9 > Would a rescue-portage help on this ?
10
11 It's easy enough to install portage from sources (for the time being) that I'd
12 say it's not necessary at this stage. A HOWTO on the matter would be much
13 quicker and easier to maintain while it remains viable.
16 Jason Stubbs
17 --
18 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list