From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Bugzilla Bug 112779: New and Improved Way to Handle /etc/portage
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:36:45
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 >
3 > I think the point is more with a) temporary enabling/disabling of
4 > sections and b) sharing sections. Having multiple files those situations
5 > are a bit easier to handle.
6 > Shouldn't be too hard offhand, basically
7 > if isdir(foo):
8 > for x in listdir(foo):
9 > mylines.extend(grabfile(x))
10 > else:
11 > mylines = grabfile(foo)
12 >
13 > Marius
14
15 Okay, I wrote a small patch that handles everything supported by /etc/portage except bashrc (package.mask, package.unmask, package.keywords, package.use, mirrors, categories). I tested it by moving /etc/portage/package* into /etc/portage/includes/test/ and it seems to have behaved expectedly. Feedback is welcome and appreciated. ;)
16
17 Zac

user_config_includes.patch text/x-patch