From: Michael Everitt <gentoo@×××××××.xyz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Disable --autounmask auto-unmasking keywords / masks by default
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 03:35:31
1 On 10/10/19 03:57, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:45:34 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'd prefer to disable --autounmask by default and include warnings about
6 >> harmful behavior in the documentation.
7 > I think autounmasks behaviour with regards to USE flags is useful,
8 > (heh), its just everything else it does tends to violate stability
9 > assumptions.
10 >
11 > For instance, I can see why automatically escalating "arch" to "~arch"
12 > may be useful in some cases, but its a very dangerous default,
13 > *especially* for perl.
14 Is there any mileage in something as ridiculous as AUTOUNMASK_EXCLUDES ?