From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: REVDEP-REBUILD and emerge default options
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:29:40
1 Arthur D. posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:30:16 +0300 as excerpted:
2
3 > To Duncan:
4 >> FWIW, 12 days isn't so bad.
5 > I didn't say 12 days is bad or something similar. I opened public bug
6 > report after having no reply in 12 days. Did I something wrong?
7
8 I misunderstood you, then. It read to me as if you had expected an
9 answer in say two days, and thought he was slacking, so I replied based
10 on that. If that wasn't the case, no problem, continue as you were. =:^)
11
12 (Once in awhile we do get people who just expect things to move faster
13 than they do, is all. Once it's explained and expectations better match
14 reality, users are happier because they don't think they're being
15 ignored, and devs are happier because they don't feel like they're being
16 pushed around by ungrateful users. I thought this was one of those
17 cases, but apparently thought wrong.)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman