From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] manual uninstall
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:51:46
1 On Thursday 14 February 2008, Lanza Fabrizio wrote:
2 > I need to manually uninstall a package (without emerge --unmerge).
3
4 not supported
5
6 > How
7 > do I tell emerge that a package is not installed (even if it is)? (I
8 > basically need to force a reinstall, for a catalyst issue.)
9
10 you unmerge it ... if you insist on modifying the backend information, then
11 see:
12
13 > Another good question is: how does portage know that a package is
14 > actually installed?
15
16 portage maintains installed package information in /var/db/pkg/
17 -mike