From: Moritz Kaufmann <physaro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] revdep-rebuild is doing some unnecessary checks
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 20:00:00
1 Hi,
2 I just recompiled guntls because I had some problems with evolution,
3 after I was finished it requested me to run:
4
5 * To show you what is needed to rebuild
6 * revdep-rebuild --soname-regexp libgnutls.so.1[0-1] -- -p
7
8 While I ran that command I noticed that it searches everything
9 in /usr/X11R6/ also. This is unnecessary because /usr/X11R6 is just a
10 symlink to /usr. This is no big problem, but its wasting pretty much
11 time. I think this problem could be "easily" solved by implementing a
12 check that looks for symlinks that link to dirs that are scanned anyway.
13
14 I posted it here, because I wasn't sure if I should post a bug for this
15 minor problem?
16
17 Greetings
18 Moritz