From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage team, Zac's development break and stepping down as lead
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 04:06:18
1 On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 16:53 -0800, Pavel Kazakov wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I saw the email sent to the dev mailing list asking for help on portage.
5 > I'm not sure how much interest the post has generated, but if help is
6 > still needed, I'd be more than willing to help out. I have good
7 > familiarity with bash and python (I use both extensively at work). I'm
8 > not too familiar with portage's internals but willing to learn.
9 >
10 > If help is still needed, is there any documentation for starting
11 > development or any good pointers for me to get started?
12 >
13 > Regards,
14 > Pavel
17 Welcome. There have been several so far, but, the more the better.
18 It will take the load off any one individual. We all (well, most) have
19 real lives that we also need to attend to. ;)
20
21 For best the best documentation, enable the epydoc use flag and
22 re-emerge portage.
23
24 There are several bugs to start working on. Also there are some gleps
25 that need to be attended to. See the email Sebastian has sent out with
26 a number of open bugs.
27
28 I will be laying out a plan for the sync operations change I am
29 proposing to do. If we can come to an agreement on that, then there
30 will also be that to implement.
31
32 So for now, join, start delving into the code, see what you can do.
33 Ask questions...
34
35 We will need to establish some meetings after some newcomers have had a
36 bit of time to see what needs doing. We can start making some decisions
37 then.
38
39 Thank you.
40 --