From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Extra USE field
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:04:08
1 On Sun, July 25, 2004 5:58 pm, John Nilsson said:
2 > Why not drop global useflags entierly?
3 >
4 > There really is no reason for them. Extend euse to modify
5 > /etc/portage/packages.use.
6 >
7 > I think it is time to begin decentralizing the system now. Portage is
8 > getting rather large and will probably be broken up into pieces in the
9 > future. If ebuilds didn't have to concider some global useflag namespace
10 > it would be eaiser to sync diffrent vendors trees.
11 >
12 > -John
16 :( so instead of adding USE="gnome" to make.conf, i would have to check
17 every package i emerge to see if it uses the 'gnome',
18 'gnomelib','gnome-integratoin', or w/e other local use flag (since the
19 names wouldn't be standardized) and add those to /etc/portage/package.use?
20 that one file could get *really* big, I use *alot* of USE flags
23 Joseph Booker
24 joe @ irc.neoturbine.net
25 jj110888 @ irc.freenode.net
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list