From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Can emerge be instructed not to upgrade a dependency?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:24:43
1 Hi.
2
3 I want package A to incur a rebuild of package B, due to a newly
4 introduced USE flag which affects B. I wish to express this in the
5 package's ebuild. I therefore DEPENDed A in B[use_flag]. When I attempt
6 to emerge A, portage offers to *upgrade* the dependency, taking in the
7 new USE setting (there's an available upgrade in the tree). I want the
8 dependency to be *rebuilt*, maintaining the same version currently
9 installed. Can I tell emerge to do that? I'm looking for a general
10 method of doing this, I.E. I wish to remain unaware of the specific
11 version of the installed B package: If it's there, don't upgrade it,
12 just rebuild w/new USE flag.
13
14 10x,
15 Amit